Sun, Feb. 14th, 2010, 08:16 pm
justaredherring: Five Favorite Things about Cedar Point
CHALLENGE 17 FIVESThe Five Best Things About Cedar Point
5. HalloWeekends. Every year from September to Halloween weekend, they have haunted houses and outdoor scare areas, decorations, fog, and people to make you scream. It never fails to be awesome.
4. Photo opportunities. Whether it's the architecture of the rides or a glimpse of wildlife who call the park home, there are an infinite number of amazing shots to get here. I once watched a great egret perch on the support pillars of Iron Dragon to hunt herself some lunch. She didn't care a bit when a train went roaring past, and the a few minutes later found quite a nice fish to nom.
3. The thrill rides. From maXair to Power Tower to the late Demon Drop, if you don't like coasters there are dozens of other things to do. I could ride maXair for hours and not get sick of it, I'm not even kidding. Power Tower's Turbo Drop is one of the few things in the park that still scares me.
2. The roller coasters. Perhaps the most obvious... Cedar Point has 17 coasters and takes pride in breaking records and delivering the best time. Top Thrill Dragster, Maverick, Blue Streak, and Wicked Twister are all in my top five. There's nothing like being launched to 120mph in less than 2 seconds, flying up 420 feet in the air, and plummeting straight back down, all with the wind in your hair.
1. The memories. The good times you can have at this park are unlimited, no matter how many times you've been there you can find something to do or see that you've never done or seen before. Family, friends, groups, it's extremely hard to go to this park and not have a good time, even if you don't like roller coasters. One time my friend and I went and everything got shut down because it started thunderstorming, so we took off our shoes and spent the next hour running around in the rain and splashing each other.
So plan the trip, don't forget good shoes and a high-SPF sunblock, and get yourself to the Point. They re-open in 89 days... trust me, I'm counting down.All the pictures featured in this picspammy were either taken by me or Cedar Point's on-ride cameras. Do not use or repost without permission.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 01:49 am (UTC)
They're my favorites. If there's an amusement park in an area I'm visiting, I always want to go.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 01:40 am (UTC)
HOMG. CEDAR POINT.
YOU ARE TWO THOUSAND SORTS OF AWESOME FOR THIS.
Maxair and The Raptor are my favorites. ♥
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 01:51 am (UTC)
=D! I'm glad there are fellow CP fans around. ^_^ I've been meaning to picspam it for ages, since it kept fitting challenges (especially non-fandom, haha) and I have literally hundreds of pictures from the park. It's one of my favorite places to be. <3
maXair is brilliant. I love it so much.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 01:57 am (UTC)
My friends and I planned a day at Cedar Point the summer after our high school graduation (we're over in Akron) and one of my elementary school friends was falling behind and was running a risk of not graduating so I threatened to not take her to Cedar Point (I was the only one who could drive) if she didn't graduate.
She did. :)
The day was awesome. SRSLY. I LOVE THOSE GUYS WHO DANCE OUTSIDE OF THE ROCKET BURGER PLACE. They are so badass.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 01:59 am (UTC)
You're even closer than me, then (I'm near Detroit). That's a great threat. x)
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 02:02 am (UTC)
Man, all the way in Michigan! Are you guys getting a lot of snow right now?
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 02:03 am (UTC)
We've actually had very little this season, though we got several inches last week. Nothing too major like the East coast got, thankfully. I have a sister in Philadelphia who's still buried.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 02:05 am (UTC)
Really? That's very fortunate. We got about 13 inches of it after the last storm system and yes, I think we're all thankful we're not by the D.C. area.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 01:49 am (UTC)
Cedar Point ♥
Awesome idea for a picspam!
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 01:51 am (UTC)
I'm famous omg! Nice job.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 01:54 am (UTC)
It took far too long. xp But I like the results. Thankee.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 02:06 am (UTC)
Lol: Paaatty cakes! :D xD
I dig. :3
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 02:08 am (UTC)
This is amazing! And I love your reasons.
Cedar Point is so awesome. <3 Thank goodness it's near me, haha.Edited at 2010-02-15 02:13 am (UTC)
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 03:25 am (UTC)
I am jealous of your nearness. 2-3 hours isn't too
far, but it's not exactly a short trip. ^^'
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 02:24 am (UTC)
I'm sold! It's on the "places to go" list now.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 02:26 am (UTC)
I love Cedar Point! Growing up in Cleveland, it's just an hour drive and it's a great place to just hang out for an entire day. Some of my best teenage memories are there, including going with my parents and bro for my dad's family picnics.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 04:17 am (UTC)
This is very cool! ...I wouldn't go on a single one of these because I am a huge wuss, but I love your pics. :D And this is a v. good idea for a spam, dearie.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 05:37 am (UTC)
The Raptor is my favorite coaster ever. I used to live just around the corner to Cedar Point and now I live in Dallas and all they talk about is 6 Flags... and then I laugh at them, because they don't understand.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 06:35 am (UTC)
Oh, Cedar Point. I went on a trip to Ohio with my band program last Spring, and they dropped us off there for a whole day. I'm not a roller coaster person in the slightest, so I just rode the stupid train that went around the park a good 20-30 times, and then went on the giant swings the rest of the time.
It was a lovely park though! And I totally agree with #4
, I got a ton of great pictures.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 06:49 am (UTC)
I love Top Thrill Dragster (and Cedar Point)! Like you said, there really is nothing like being launched 120mph and going up over 400 feet. It's the best feeling in the world. I was lucky enough to visit again this past summer but unfortunately Millennium Force was closed so I've only been on it once. D: Awesome idea for a picspam. I loved it! ♥
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 07:21 am (UTC)
I have never been on Top Thrill Dragster because it was broken every time I went. D: (And now I live in California so it'll be a while before I get back there.) I ♥ Millenium Force SO MUCH, though.
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 05:52 pm (UTC)
I'm still hoping to get my people here to do a road trip to Cedar Point this summer. Sadly it looks like summer commitments, a honeymoon, and changes in careers will keep it from happening. :( I just found some pictures I took last fall. Do you want me to send them to you or do you have enough?
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 07:09 pm (UTC)
I like all pics of our family trips, so sending them would be great. =)
Mon, Feb. 15th, 2010 09:14 pm (UTC)
Eee! I want to go SO bad. Its like one of my life long goals lolz (I'm from Oz) cause i'm such a rollercoaster junky!!!
this pic!spam is ftw!!!
Sat, Feb. 27th, 2010 01:32 am (UTC)
CEDAR POINT, OMG YES!
My family and I used to go every year, and we always had a blast. We actually camped there once, right in the shadow of the water park and roller coasters. Good times, great picspam!